Micro X Ray CT Transparent Instrumented Core Flow Cell with HP/HT Hydrostatic and Triaxial Loading Capability
- Confining Pressure : 70MPa (10,000PSI / 700BAR) Maximum (at max working temperature 140°C in a temperature controlled oven)
- Pore Pressure: 70MPa (though in operation we would recommend maintaining Pp. approx. 2-3MPa lower than Radial Confinement)
- Wetted Material: Titanium Ti6Al4V Grade 5 and annealed Virgin PEEK, HT engineering plastics to enable use of corrosive fluids such as supercritical CO2 and simulated reservoir fluids (brine).
- Sample Dimensions: The apparatus is currently designed for use with Ø38.1mm / Ø1.5” samples of varying lengths between 50mm to 100mm
- Axial P-S1-S2 Piezoelectric Acoustic Transducers (1.3MHz) located in the axial load applying end pistons.
- ErgoTech Transducer Pulser 1-10 and Picoscope Digital Oscilloscope supplied
- Axial Rock Resistivity capability.
- 2 Channel strain gauged composite cantilever device for radial deformation measurement 0-180° + 90-270° housed within the cell annulus
- Two externally mounted LVDTs for axial deflection measurement.
- 70MPa Radial Confinement and Pore Pressure sensors supplied.
- Axial Load measurement is by the way of a pressure sensor plumbed into the axial load applying piston chamber of the same diameter as the sample i.e. 38.1mm for accurate calculation of applied load.
Scope for future upgrades to include:
- 12 off Radial Acoustic Emission (AE) Pinducers
- Radial rock resistivity
- Ø25.4mm / Ø1” Sample setup
To download a PDF datasheet click the link below