Rock Mechanics & Rock Physics Instrumented Triaxial Cell
The ErgoTech Rock Mechanics & Rock Physics Instrumented Triaxial Cell system is a compact design Hoek-Franklin type Triaxial cell P, S1 & S2 acoustic velocity platens, ErgoTech acoustic emission transducers and all associated data acquisition electronics and software as options.
- The ErgoTech “Advanced” Hoek-Franklin type Triaxial Cell is rated to 69MPa (at 200°C optional) and has a swing arm mechanism and spring loaded platform assembly enabling easier cell manipulation and sample insertion / extraction.
- An optional two channel cantilever transducer (6mm linear deflection), two 5mm total axial movement LVDTs are provided for measurement of sample axial & radial deflection and strain calculation.
- The cell is fitted with two off high pressure 4 pin electrical feed-thrus which are terminated in high grade size latching connectors with 1.5m long PTFE covered lead cables (one per channel).
- The Cell is a unique, single end-closure design with an externally threaded end-cap in which a special design test jacket permanently encloses an annulus volume of oil, thereby enabling rapid loading and unloading of test plugs.
- The optional cell heating system (capable of temperatures of up to 200°C) consists of a 1kW, 4m long heater element strategically bent around a heater can for optimum PID ramp control from the supplied ErgoTech data logging Software.
- The cell is also surrounded by a micro-pore ceramic insulation system to minimise heat loss and protect the operator from the hot cell body.
- As an additional safety precaution, the optional heating system is also fitted with an “Over-temperature Safety Cut-Out Unit”. This unit monitors the temperature within the cell and automatically cuts the power if the temperature rises above a user-definable limit. The unit works on a latching mechanism, ensuring that once tripped, heating cannot occur again until an operator physically re-arms the unit.
- The axial acoustic platens are fitted with crossbars to accommodate optional 2 LVDTs at 180° equispaced around the core sample. The platens have two axial bores at 180° into a 1.5mm x 0.5mm deep flow distribution groove for pore
- pressure measurement.
- The top platen terminates in a spherical seat for minor out of parallelism compensation for the test cores.
- The cell body is fitted with double quick release hydraulic fittings and unscrewable high pressure electrical feedthrus and is mounted on swing arm mechanism attached to our straining frame for easier manipulation of the vessel and sample
- insertion / extraction.
- The acoustic velocity system is made up of two, three channel (P, S1 & S2) piezo ceramic stacks integrally built into the axial platens.
- Channel switching occurs via the ErgoTech Software interface.
- The test cell is fully supported with auxiliary tools to assist in assembly, disassembly and maintenance.
To download PDF datasheets click the links below